25 November 2010

Brancusi Junk?!














































1.marble vase
2.Plaster vessel
3.Repeat 'Kiss' Tiles
4.Lantern
5.Stainless steel plates, forged
6.Bell
7.Lemon juicer
8.Distaff
9.Dish, brass

Making me pretty excited today is this stuff, up for auction; stuff said to be made by Brancusi- quite beautiful objects- very rustic. I would have posted more pics, but they was hard to nab.

Not sure if this is real- I mean the provenance of these objects? They have quite accessible reserves, some of them, like under 1ooo euro!!
I suspect the vendors have had trouble proving anything- or else surely this would be handled by Christies et al.?? But what do I know?
Bear in mind that Brancusi sculptures are world-record breakers, one from the YSL collection went for $37 million in '09.

I dont care- I love, love, love it. I am prepared to be hoaxed, if its a lie, its a beautiful one.
I would personally rather have a dish than a bird in space.
( I would also rather have $37 million than a bird in space, as nice as it may be)
Perhaps it will all be purchased by a big museum- hopefully not a Romanian one- because I doubt I will ever get to visit there.
Auction and story of provenance here.
All of which is old news, I was tipped-off by Dinosaurs and Robots


$37 million!



2 comments:

  1. for $37 million I'll BE a bird in space

    ReplyDelete
  2. darlin'- you are already both a dish and a space bird

    ReplyDelete